Nov 21, 2016
[VIDEO] How to Link AdWords with Google Analytics
Step-by-Step Instructions on How to Link AdWords with Google Analytics
Before you begin, make sure you have the "Edit" permissions for the Google Analytics and "Administrative" access for the AdWords
- Go to your AdWords account
- Click the gear menu at the top right corner, then select 'Linked accounts'
- Under "Google Analytics," click View details. You'll see a list of Google Analytics properties to which you have access.
- Click Set up link next to the property you want to link to AdWords. Note: If you've already linked a property, you'll see "Edit" instead of "Set up link."
If the property you chose only has one view, you'll see the name of that view. Select Import site metrics to be able to see Google Analytics data in AdWords reports.
If the property has multiple views, you'll see a list of the views from this property that you can link. There are two settings:
- Link: Link as many views as you'd like. This will make AdWords click and cost data available in Analytics, and Analytics goals and transactions available for import into AdWords.
- Import site metrics: (Recommended) Choose one view from which to import site engagement metrics.